Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Location: DudleySalary: £38,800 p/a Shift Pattern: 2 Day Shifts, 2 Night Shifts, 4 Rest Days, etc. (Each shift is 12 hours long)Overview:
Position in organisation:
- We are currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to supervise and monitor the operation of our client's energy from waste plant. The role will be to ensure the optimum generation of steam and electricity in accordance with the relevant H&S and environmental legislation.
- In the absence of the Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager the role will take full responsibility for all aspects of the plant.
To report to the Plant Manager/Maintenance Manager Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all functions associated with the operation of the plant turbine, boilers, connected electrical equipment (LV, HV), flue gas treatment, water treatment, etc. and coordination of incoming and outgoing waste.
- To accurately anticipate for incidents and maintain control of the above by regular observation of the Direct Control System (DCS) to check temperature flow, pressure readings from the turbine/boiler, readings from control systems, gauges, and alarms.
- Manage and support the operations team and liaise with the maintenance team to ensure repairs are prioritised to ensure continued plant availability/repairs whilst ensuring compliance to all Company policies and procedures.
- To carry out annual staff appraisals, in line with Company policy.
- Accurately report readings and note daily operations in the shift log in detail for continued monitoring and shift changeovers, as well as reporting on readings from any night shift, weekend and bank holiday-work, and report on daily emissions.
- To report any plant defects in the shift log and to ensure this is entered onto the ALTAIR (maintenance defect software system) or reported directly to the Maintenance Manager and in their absence the Plant Manager.
- To carry out training as and when required, whether it is within the company's T100 system or outsourced through a training body/organisation.
- To ensure any planned and unplanned (i.e. emergency) minor and small repairs, blockages and changes in the plant central systems are dealt with appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- To allocate jobs to all Operations staff on shift as well as the maintenance team in the absence of the Maintenance Manager.
- To manage and implement emergency procedures during any incident in the absence of the Plant /Maintenance Managers.
- To promptly handle all out of hours (including weekend/night shifts) telephone calls and deliveries.
- To perform plant checks at different open grate flooring levels (at height and ground) to check instruments, gauges, boiler and effluent water quality, etc., take readings and instigate actions when required.
- Working at height and in confined/restricted spaces.
- To engage in the occasional use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT) - where qualified.
- Adhere to H&S on site, act as a safety controller within the companies PTW systems, highlight any necessary changes required with POI and write risk assessment when required.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Experience of operating high-pressure boilers and steam turbine plants.
- Proven Experience of managing a team is essential.
- Must have worked in an Energy from Waste (EFW) or similar industry within the last 4 years.
- Experience of using, and qualifications in the use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT) vehicles advantageous.
- Ability to work at height and manage confined spaces/restricted entry, supported with relevant training and experience of competency.
- Should possess basic IT skills, primarily in Microsoft Word and Excel, and must be comfortable in using IT software i.e. DCS.
- City and Guilds qualification of small thermal power plant would be desirable.
- A current first aid qualification would be desirable.
- Experience of carrying out essential maintenance would be desirable.
- High Voltage authorised person electrical experience and qualifications would be desirable.
- Shift pattern - 2-day shifts, 2-night shifts, 4 rest days, etc. (each shift is 12 hours long)
- Average working week = 42 hours. (07:00a.m - 19:00pm). The successful candidate will be required to work a 12-hour day/night shift Rota, which will include working on Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays.
- Overtime- M to Sat is time and a half. Sundays and BH's paid at a double-time unless scheduled for a shift.
- Holidays - 14 12 hour shifts (168 hours) Plus BH's if not scheduled to be on shift (96 hours). Holiday entitlement will increase by one extra day for every year of continuous service completed prior to the relevant holiday year up to a maximum of 17 working days' (204 hours) holiday per holiday year after four years' continuous service.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.