We are looking for committed and enthusiastic people to join our friendly team, working with a unique group of young people.
This is an exciting time for Eastwood Grange School, due to the progressive expansion of our school and its on-site curriculum, with the aim of increasing our intake to include students with a more diverse range of special educational needs.
We are looking to appoint versatile, resilient and committed Teaching Assistants, who can adapt their practice wherever necessary to support across all key stages.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of our young people
- Assist with the management of the learning environment, ensuring that any behavioural or physical occurrences are addressed promptly
- Support senior staff by contributing to the development of care and learning plans and contribute to the preparation of reports and update daily records and logs.
- Maintain a professional relationship while developing a good rapport with young people.
Please be aware that you may be required to work off site on occasion (off site provisions).Knowledge & Skills
An NVQ 2 qualification (or equivalent) which is appropriate to the teaching and learning environment of learners and young adults. Your Benefits
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children's Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Eastwood Grange School is a specialist day school located in the village of Ashover, near Chesterfield for boys and girls aged 5-18 years. The pupils exhibit a variety of severe and complex educational, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, which have impeded personal developmental and educational success. Many of the pupils have a number of diagnoses. Our pupils have failed in, or have been failed by, a variety of settings before coming to Eastwood Grange School. They arrive at Eastwood Grange very disengaged with education and life after having experienced many break downs and trauma.
If you have been affected by coronavirus, or are tired of working from home we have care and education roles available across the country on a temp, part-time and full time basis.
Search all our available vacancies here: https://jobs.priorygroup.com/References
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.Disclosure
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.