Milton Keynes College Distance Learning team are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and tenacious Business Development Advisor.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with enthusiasm and great communication skills to build on the success of the existing team. You will be working to develop and extend student and employer engagement in the Distance Learning provision.
Within this exciting role, you will be responsible for promoting our Distance Learning programmes to a variety of learners as well as establishing relationships with new clients. Being able to develop a client relationship from a lead into a regular customer is the main responsibility of this role and therefore the successful candidate will have the ability to work under pressure and be used to working within a target setting environment.
You will have a strong desire to help others in achieving good results through their learning and be passionate about the difference that learning makes.Location: Milton Keynes Hours: 37 hours, 52 weeks per year Salary: Up to £23,000 per annum Closing Date: Thursday 17th September 2020
More about the rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Generous pension scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more...
As the successful candidate you will have
More about the College
- Proven experience in a sales focussed role
- Proven experience and the ability to develop a good relationship with internal and external customers
- Excellent track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Have full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Confident use of a CRM to record, analyse and report on customer transactions
- Be commercially aware with strong communication skills
- Highly developed organisational skills
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 - 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men's prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College's clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.