Selwood are leaders in Pump & Plant manufacture, rental and sales. We are passionate about our service offering with unrivalled expertise and proud to deliver to our clients on a global platform.
With a foundation of 70 years within our industry, Selwood continues to be an innovative business responding to meet the needs of our clients with cutting edge approaches to customer service, product development, manufacture and service.
Our Installations Team provide support to the Selwood Pump hire business unit by delivering a uniformed approach to solutions projects across our business network.
About The Role:
We are looking to welcome an Installation Operative to join our team based at our Bristol (Avonmouth) branch. This role will be based at both our branch yard as well as working on site based pump installations when required.
This role requires a confident self starter who can work with a team ethos. Flexibility is a must due to the changing needs of our business due to the requirements of our customers.
This role will come into contact with Selwood customers, so communication and good interpersonal skills are paramount.
The Installation Operative will be heavily involved in the day to day operations of our branch and projects within the surrounding region under the direction of the Installation Supervisors.Tasks & Responsibilities:
Working in Depot location:
- Promote and exercise the company's mission statement and core values to deliver the required uniformed approach to an installation across the UK.
- Have the confidence, knowledge and experience to stop the installation and advise your Supervisor if any safety issues arise.
- Manage your own site safety and be a part of the safety of everybody else on site completing the installation.
- Identify and recommend any innovative solution and processes to make our business and offering to our customer base, more unique and attractive and to make ourselves more efficient in the ways to complete installation.
- Work in conjunction with specialist sub-contractors, require to complete the project in hand.
- Work in accordance with on-site RAMS produced, to ensuring all on-site risks have been identified and stringent control measures have been put into place and communicated to you.
- Work in accordance with the methodology of the installation that has been communicated to all staff and customers before the work commences.
- Liaise with site supervisors and installation manager to deliver up to date information on the installation progress and any potential problems and foreseeable issues.
- Assist loading/unloading vehicles, checking against paperwork, missing, damages and fuel charges.
- Comply with any additional site safety requirement.
- Keep the site installation work area clean and tidy at all time.
- To keep the yard and workshops in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- To assist with loading and unloading of vehicles, checking against paperwork, missing, damages and fuel charges.
- To maintain hose and accessories storage, to include keeping a check on minimum stocking levels available and advising the management teams.
- To test all lay flat hose, clean, roll, and clearly mark as to size and length of each roll.
- To assist fitting / electrical staff when required, with tasks as instructed, i.e. lifting, moving, in depot or on-site.
- To clean hire equipment prior to entry to workshop, using pressure/steam-cleaning equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years' work history within a similar environment with a knowledge and understanding of on-site safety
- Must be a physically able individual due to the requirements of the role
- Must have the aptitude to work on construction sites
- Must be able to adapt and meet challenging situations
- Must be flexible with their working hours and be available to be 'on call'
- Must be willing to travel and on occasions work away from home
- Full driving licence
- Holder of a construction Skills CSCS card
- National Water Hygiene Card
- Forklift truck operator certification
- An understanding of the workings of a temporary / permanent pumping solution
What we can offer you:
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive rate in line with qualifications and skills, overtime rates where applicable, 24 days holidays + Bank Holidays annually, Pension scheme, Company sick pay and Childcare voucher scheme.
Selwood are committed to investment in people, and this role will be provided with onsite training along with the opportunity to obtain professional qualifications.