This is primarily a finance role that would suit someone that is part way through their qualification to become a fully qualified accountant. We are in a position to help you to continue in this education and complete.
As the Senior Commercial Analyst within our Healthcare & Education division, your role will be responsible for demonstrating how each contract is striving to achieve the financial targets set and deliver the commercial detail to a senior level within the business with the Operations Director. You will also be responsible for a commercial assistant who will support you in the commercial aspect of the contract.
You will be the primary point of commercial contact and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within the contract. Supporting the Operations Director and the contract's senior management team with the reconciliation of the changes to the fixed and variable monthly billing whilst ensuring compliance delivery, standards, customer satisfaction, safety excellence and working within financial targets.
This role will be providing additional support to the contracts with respect to the general overarching commercial management requirements of the business unit.Responsibilities will include:
- Being the point of Contact for the Operations Director providing the financial support and business analysis required for the effective and profitable running of the contracts
- Providing Finance training to the Regional Managers and their teams. Participant in Operation meetings as required by the Operations Director
- Preparing management accounts and liaising with Healthcare & Education division Finance and Operations to ensure accuracy of contract accounts
- Producing, analysing, and interpreting timely and accurate key financial and non-financial reports/data
- Completing specific performance analysis related to contract performance, as necessary
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and variance reports for the contract to the agreed deadlines
- Analysing un-invoiced revenue and aged debtors to ensure this is compliant with internal revenue recognition rules
- Being a Finance contact with the External Auditors for the Contract
- Supporting the reconciliation of the Bunzl monthly material spend Vs budget
- Supporting the production and collation of contract compliance information
- Helping with the capturing and maintaining of cost and productivity information, to support bidding and contract performance review via daily and weekly reporting
- Reviewing Operational reporting and seek to improve accuracy and efficiencies of data collection across the contract
- Providing administrative support when required
- Supporting with calculating additional / variations works
- Helping provide data for and support the analysis of data and trends and identifying potential solutions to issues
- Supporting with additional contractual business opportunities
- Processing purchase and subcontract orders efficiently following the contract and business unit's commercial governance process
Working experience/Personal attributes
- A Levels and Degree
- Studying for ACCA or CIMA (part qualified) - Study support will be provided
- Excellent IT skills with SAP experience essential and PowerBI desirable
- Exceptional numeracy including excellent Excel and VBA skills are essential
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
- Experience of preparing, reviewing, and interpreting Management Accounts - essential
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting - essential
- Experience within Facilities Management sector is desirable
- Team management background is desirable
- Advanced data processing, presentation & analytical skills
- Outstanding communication, strong relationship building, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage & manipulate large volumes of data, tasks & drivers with ease
- Ability to analyse complex budgets, financials and forecasts and present effective concise conclusions
- Exceptional analytical skills, particularly commercial and pricing analysis, with ability to collate complex information, isolate the key issues and effectively plan, communicate and execute recommendations
- Detail-oriented and motivated by analysis of complex information and data
- Solid financial understanding, if supported by an accounting qualification this is beneficial but not essential
- Self-confident, tenacious and focused on achieving goals
- Commercial acumen, with an ability to interpret numbers and communicate key issues in a concise and clear manner
- Thorough and logical
- Exhibits a proactive, flexible and efficient approach to work
- Good organisational skills
- Effective team worker
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services - ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management - as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.What will you get in return?
- Accountancy Qualification study support
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance - to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance - to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support