Job title: Dual Skilled Maintenance Technician
Job location: South Derbyshire
Salary: £30-35k per annum
Shifts: Straight Days + On Call. Must be flexible Monday to Friday.
Hours per week: Circa 40 hours
Start date: September 2019
Industries considered: Machine Maintenance, Production Line, FMCG, Industrial Electrician
My client based in the East Midlands is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician with strong electrical skills and a solid understanding of mechanical principles.
* To provide service, repair and maintenance work at a large industrial production facility.
* To attend a variety of jobs ranging from small office/janitorial fixes to large industrial machinery breakdowns.
Job Profile - Safety Critical / Safety Related:
* Performing preventative scheduled maintenance incorporating mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, in accordance with the machine maintenance instructions and departmental procedures.
* Performing corrective maintenance which includes troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis followed by repairs as appropriate.
* Supporting the testing, commissioning and acceptance of new machinery onto the production line.
* Recording all work activities including all preventative and corrective maintenance
* Comply with departmental procedures for management of spare parts, consumables, tools and equipment.
* Support Engineering Management in the delivery of the production plan, ensuring exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner and in compliance with the planned maintenance schedule.
* Actively participate in the ongoing continuous improvement activities for maintenance processes and maintenance procedures that support all factory machinery & working areas
* Must hold a full drivers' licence & be able to travel to site to attend repairs out of hours
* Adherence to all health and safety processes and procedures.
* Any other duties that are commensurate with fore filling the role.
* Experienced in undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on various industrial / factory equipment
* Experienced in finding and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Any engineering background covering practical electrical & mechanical repair skills is suitable
* Engineering based NVQ / C&G / BTEC at level 3 is desirable but not essential
Phone: 01332 224540
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90754470