Role Profile -Finance Analyst
Role Title Finance Analyst
Business Function Finance
Who we are & what we do
Founded in 2016, Chetwood Financial is a digital bank using technology to make people better off. At Chetwood, we think differently. We act differently. Unlike traditional banking models, we're not obsessed with customer ownership and cross-selling other products. We use our banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, we make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before.
We're always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join the team who share a belief in making a positive difference - making financial services better for customers by challenging conventions.
The finance analyst will provide analytical and commercial insight to drive business growth. The role will support the production of Chetwood's annual operating plan and other forecasting needs through timely and accurate information, and be responsible for tracking revenue and cost drivers versus plan. The finance analyst will also support commercial decisions, particularly new business pricing, liaising closely with all business functions, including; credit risk, product and commercial, change delivery and operations. The role involves using skills and experience in every way to help to shape and build the business.
- Financial forecasting and preparation of the annual operating and strategic plan
- Robust variance analysis to explain actual performance versus forecast
- Model development to continuously improve the efficiency of the planning process
- Ad-hoc financial analysis to identify risks and exposures to optimise portfolio performance, including: prepayment risk and reward qualification rates
- New and existing business pricing modelling and recommendations to optimise profitable performance
- Test and control analysis to determine optimum proposition strategies
- Modelling to support new and existing product development and initiatives
Skills and experience
What we offer
- Part or fully qualified with a finance specific accreditation
- Financial services experience as an analyst or within forecasting and planning
- Financial forecasting at both a product and a holistic level
- Understanding of the key drivers of business performance
- Ability to manage and interrogate large data sets to understand historic behavioral trends and thereby predict future performance
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- A relaxed, sociable and flexible working environment.
- Great benefits including: life insurance, pension, private medical insurance (including dental and optical), free breakfast and drinks, monthly social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Here are just a few examples of what we've achieved so far and what's coming soon.
- Secured strategic investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil of capital, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA in 2018 - the only retail bank to do so that year.
- Launched the LiveLend Reward Loan; the world's first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers' credit score.
- Secured several distribution partnerships with our lending product and have already seen 400%+ growth in new business in the since 2019.
- Launched SmartSave; providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Achieved and maintained an 'Excellent' Trustpilot rating from both lending and savings customers.
Chetwood Financial Ltd does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Chetwood Financial and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void.