The Yorkshire Trading Company is a growing family owned and run business with 26 variety stores throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire & the North East and a busy ecommerce operation.
The main purpose of this role is to lead, organise, motivate and develop a new team to maximise profitability by promoting sales within your store.
Store Manager Duties
-You will lead your store team to deliver exceptional customer service with a 100% hands on approach
- Must be commercially minded to generate ideas for driving the business and your team forward
- Monitor competitor activity and propose appropriate responses
-Develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
Staff recruitment, planning and training
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
-Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and training
- To control store costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; completing payment transaction.
Experience in a supervisory or management role
Cashing up experience
Managing a Team
We are looking for a flexible person with a strong work ethic. It is important that you are a team player. This is an excellent opportunity for a determined, capable and loyal person to develop within our successful, growing, family firm and become a well-respected member of our team.
If you're passionate about people and sales then we would love to hear from you
28 Days Annual Leave (pro rata)
12.5% Discount after a successful 6- week induction period
Work placed pension scheme