SEN Teaching Assistants - £60 to £75 per day
As Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools prepare to reopen in September, Pro Educational is anticipating a high demand for enthusiastic and caring SEN Teaching Assistants across Cornwall and Devon, so if you are thinking about starting work or returning to work we would love to hear from you now.
Whilst the role and responsibilities may differ slightly from school to school, you will be expected to
- Assist Teachers in their planning of individual pupils
- Be prepared to work on a 1:1 basis as well as some Group Support
- Build effective relationships with children in a way that helps them develop educationally and socially
- Manage challenging behaviours and offer emotional support
- Liaise as appropriate with external therapists/Specialist Teachers and provide feedback
- Support pupils with additional needs , helping to build confidence and promote learning
You will have a high level of patience and understanding, a good sense of humour and be committed to making a difference to the development of the children you support, whilst acting under the direction and supervision of the Class Teacher. Experience of working in SEND educational support is desirable and you are likely to be NVQ 3 Level 3 qualified or have an equivalent qualification. However, if you have extensive experience working with children or are from a tutoring background please apply. All candidates will have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or be prepared to obtain one.
Pro Education offer
-Weekly pay by PAYE so you know you are paying the right Tax and National Insurance.
-Statutory holiday pay
-Free safeguarding training
-support from a dedicated Education Consultant
- Variety of assignments in schools to support your career aspiration
-short term flexible work or long term work
Pro Education is a specialist Education Employment Agency and over the years we have helped thousands of Teachers and Teaching Assistants find work and support schools with their staff shortages across Dorset, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.
Pro Education is an equal opportunities employer and Gold Standard REC Education Audited.
To apply please contact Pro Education Exeter (phone number removed) or send your CV to (url removed)