Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant - KS1
Job Type: Full-time
Start: September 2020
Do you have experience working with the EYFS-KS1 curriculum?
GSL Education is looking for an experienced Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant to support children in KS1 in a Primary school based in Leicester. This is a school with high standards and pupil's well-being at the centre of everything they do providing great outcomes for the children. The ideal candidate should be confident in working with the KS1 framework and be passionate to bring positive change in the lives of children.
In order to be considered for this role you need to:
· Have a Level 2 / 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
· Have previous experience of working in a UK Primary School setting.
· Have sound knowledge of the KS1 curriculum
· Have previous Teaching Assistant experience within the last 12 months.
· Be willing to complete DBS check.
The successful candidate needs:
· To promote lifelong learning
· To help to maintain a well-organized, tidy, pupil friendly and interactive learning environment. Maintaining high standards of display
· Capability to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
· An understanding of the EYFS - KS1 curriculum and the needs of children
· Working 1:1 and taking out small groups to provide Literacy/ Numeracy and Phonics interventions in preparation for KS1 students
· You will be required to work closely to the class teacher by supporting marking and planning
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
GSL Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture, or disability.
If you are interested, please send your updated CV to Judith Barker as soon as possible