A leading organisation known for it's design and manufacture of safety detector products is recruiting for a Engineering Team Leader role to be based at it's manufacturing plant in North Kent.
This role would suit somebody who has electronic or manufacturing experience within a supervisory / team leadership role, along with SMT line exposure.
Reporting to the Production Manager and responsible for a team of 4 mechanical and SMT engineers. To oversee the day to day activities of the Production Engineering operation and providing support to Production in order to maximise department efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities;
* Lead, develop and mentor the Production Engineering Team through clear training plans
* Support the setting and implementation of procedures and processes to ensure output and quality are achieved
* Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to identify and resolve Production Engineering issues
* Minimize overall production costs while maximizing productivity
* Collect and analyse production process data, presenting to the management team
* Review internal operational facility layouts for process improvement
* Commit to continuous professional development to provide technical expertise of current best practices tools and techniques and implement them in a reasonable and responsible manner.
* Overseeing work with outside contractors scheduling planned maintenance on production equipment
* Liaising with the Procurement department when necessary to identify potential suppliers of new components/sub-assemblies
* Develop and implement production processes for new products, product enhancements and product changes. Install related fixtures and tooling, as required.
* Supporting the Production manager to set and achieve Engineering KPI's to maintain optimal performance
* Maintain close working relationships across the business with key departments
* Oversee the maintenance of administration systems to record activities and generate management information
* Develop and implement enhanced production testing of products
To Be Considered;
* Essential: HNC in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
* Essential: proven experience within an engineering role, previous experience of coaching/mentoring
* Essential: Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
* A growing organisation that is seen as a leader within it's field
* Training and development opportunities with a pathway to senior management for the right person
* Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
For full details, please contact Willis Global - Recruitment Solutions