Bestway Retail is part of the Bestway Group, a multi-billion privately owned organisation with diverse businesses operating across the retail, pharmacy, banking and cement sectors!
Our Retail business is headquartered from Crewe, Cheshire, and is the UK's largest off licence operator with a growing convenience offer under our fascias of Bargain Booze, Wine Rack, Select Convenience and Central Convenience - all with over 600 stores nationally; some of which are company owned and operated and others which are franchised!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Head of Company Owned and Operated Stores to take overall responsibility across our c150+ company owned and operated retail stores spread nationally. This is a field based role leading and inspiring our c.1500 store based colleagues through the Regional Operations and Area Manager teams to ensure we deliver great customer service and standards consistently across our estate and drive our profitability and growth.
Key accountabilities include:
- Setting, monitoring and delivering our goals and objectives for stores and the wider business
- P and L accountability for corporate stores estate and delivery of key KPI's
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of corporate stores to ensure service excellence and performance standards consistently met
- Leadership and coaching of the teams to ensure the highest levels of performance and service, customer and colleague satisfaction
- Act as a brand advocate and set the tone across the teams to ensure we operate in line with our values and behaviours
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency and effectiveness of ways of working and drive continuous improvement
- Monitor, meet and enhance customer satisfaction & service standards
- Review financial information and manage operational budgets effectively to achieve and drive profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and ways of working for corporate stores aligned to industry and internal standards and ensure consistent implementation and execution
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/services in conjunction with the team
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics and presenting solutions and recommendations that deliver results and improvements
- Identify key risks to ensure these are mitigated and managed/ escalated appropriately
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance and internal standards are met consistently
- Work with the logistics and wider support teams to develop and deliver the maximum benefit from the estate and ensure we provide collectively a great customer and people experience
- Ensure effective retail execution across all brands and formats and support on any development work as appropriate
- Any other reasonable duties as required
To succeed you will be a highly experienced corporate store operational leader with proven experience (c5years+) at Head of level, as a leader of leaders, who has gained significant and demonstrable experience in a national multi-site retailer (likely convenience sector or similar) of c100+ company owned and operated stores with c1000+ colleagues, across various brands and formats. You will have great industry knowledge and networks and be able to operate and hit the ground running as a senior leader, team worker, knowledge expert and retail specialist in a fast paced, customer centric, low margin and highly agile environment.
If you meet the above requirements and think you have what it takes then we want to hear from you!