Achieve Education are supporting a multi-academy trust who have a selection of primary and secondary schools across the UK. The Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion / SEND) from January 2021 or sooner if possible, within one of their primary schools based in the Somerset region on a permanent basis.
The school are currently going through some transitional changes on its journey of improvement. A new Principal has introduced a new and innovative curriculum, plus they have also bought in some positive changes through restructuring certain elements of the school's staffing structure.
Due to this, they wish to appoint an inspirational leader to join as their new Assistant Headteacher, overseeing Inclusion / SEND. The successful person will have a passion for inclusion and improving the life chances of all pupils and would have the opportunity to join a high performing team within the school.
You will lead the whole school SEND and ensure that pupils receive the support they need to be successful. Alongside this, you will have a passion for delivering enhanced experiences and improved outcomes for pupils with additional and special educational needs.
Exceptional specialist knowledge of SEND, which will enable the person to ensure strategies have impact is key to this role. A proven track record of impact and the ability to combine vision, strategy, energy and enthusiasm to lead inclusion across the whole school will also be a key focus.
KEY KNOWLEDGE / KEY REQUIREMENTS
1. SENCo qualification, or working towards the SENCo qualification
2. Designated Safeguarding experience
3. Extensive experience and skills in working with pupils with a range of SEND and be passionate about helping all our pupils to achieve their full potential
4. Communication with parents, local community and outside agencies
5. Innovative pastoral development, pupil support / staff development
6. Demonstrate how your work has had a significant impact on the whole school
7. Responsibility as the SENCO for teacher development over SEND, EHCP processes and interventions
8. Proven success of delivering excellent outcomes for students with SEND and all groups of students
9. Support and challenge, hold colleagues to account and deliver excellent outcomes
10. Full understanding of the statutory and accountability frameworks with regards to SEND
Closing date for applications - Wednesday 23rd September at 12.00 midday
Interviews to be held mid-October 2020
To discuss this leadership role in more depth, please contact Kenny Fraser today