We currently have a Payment Assistant
position available for a motivated individual to join our Group Finance team based in Exeter
on a part time, permanent basis working between 25 - 30 hours a week.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £18,000 per annum (full time equivalent salary). We are also open to considering candidates for a full time training position if we feel we can work with you to achieve your full potential in this role - if offered this position the starting salary would be £12,000 on an apprenticeship training contract.Pennon Group plc,
whichcomprises South West Water, Bournemouth Water and Pennon Water Services, is a leading business in the water industry delivering for the benefit of customers, communities and the environment.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include: free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support and various health benefits.Responsibilities as our Payment Assistant
Reporting to the Treasury Accountant, you will be responsible for daily processing and recording of Group wide payments. You will ensure payments are made accurately and in a timely fashion these include urgent payments from around the business, and ensuring the interest on our borrowings our made, leaving a clear audit trail of your actions. You will communicate with colleagues within finance teams across the Group to prioritise your workload. There is a potential for the role to be expanded for the correct candidate who is looking to develop their finance career.What we are looking for in our Payment Assistant:
- Proven ability to work within a team but also on your own
- Strong organisational skills and diligent work ethic
- Previous office experience is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Drive to work accurately to tight deadlinesClosing date: Sunday 27th September 2020
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply
now to be considered as our Payment Assistant
- we look forward to receiving your application.