Do you want to become a key technical expert working at the highest level in the product development life cycle and exploring the boundaries of our technologies?
In this role you'll be... an integral part of a small team of innovators developing technology modules for our market leading marking and coding solutions within our Global Design Center in Nottingham.
You'll have an opportunity to... demonstrate your practical experience and theoretical knowledge of mechatronic systems whilst developing innovative concepts that fulfil our customers current and future needs.
You should possess... at least 2 years' experience in new product development as a practicing Engineer in the field of mechatronics.
Great package including bonus, career growth and great benefits.
• The development of ideas and concepts mainly around, but not limited to electro-mechanical solutions. This will include designing electronic systems, writing the firmware to drive electro-mechanical components/actuators and integrating them into mechanical systems.
• Understanding of both electrical-electronics and mechanical principles and the design problems associated with combining electrical and mechanical components into devices or systems
• Improve existing products and processes.
• Work with the other members of the team to help solve their technical issues and equally, you will be using the same team to help push your tasks to a successful conclusion.
• The development process requires formal documentation that ensures all the relevant analysis (FMEA, Functional Analysis,...) have been completed. You will be writing, reviewing and/or presenting this analysis.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related subject.
• At least 2 years' experience in combining electronics, computers, telecommunications, systems, control, and product engineering.
• A good understanding of electro-mechanical components, communication interfaces and electronic circuit design.
• Your application will be strengthened if you:
-can demonstrate an innovative mindset
-have recent experience in writing Embedded Software in C.
-can use a 3D CAD application.
-can use an electronics schematic capture application.
-are proficient in the use of oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.