Procurement Policy Advisor / ManagerSalary: £37,386 - £39,824 + (inclusive of £5,000 MPP for MCIPS qualified) + excellent benefits including an outstanding pension schemeRef: 2908
Are you experienced in public sector procurement policy and compliance advisor with excellent communication and influencing skills?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority have an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Policy Manager to join their team within the Procurement department. The team consists of circa 14 members and are responsible for all UKAEA procurement activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering the Procurement service in line with the strategy, organisation strategies and objectives to the appropriate standards and legislation.
- Contribute with the Head of Procurement to ensure Government Commercial Operating standards are met
- Contribute (with Procurement Managers) to assist with the rapidly changing Cabinet Office controls and ensure they are embedded into procurement teams knowledge base
- Implement policy best practice to feed into the Procurement Management tools
- Identify trends and new legislation and design initiatives to address these issues in conjunction with the Procurement Managers
- Experience or knowledge and understanding of Public Sector Procurement and use of OJEU
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- A good technical appreciation of Government Commercial rules and regulations
- Experience in compiling accurate and reliable reports and papers