Senior Cloud EngineerIT | UK - RemoteAbout The Company
In today's highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it's likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.The Role
ForgeRock is currently looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to play a key role in designing, developing, supporting, and improving internal IT systems. As a senior member of the Systems Engineering Team, the Senior Cloud Engineer will be tasked with running projects from end to end, which will include engaging with various teams & departments throughout the business, as well as mentoring team members & documenting project designs.
With a solid understanding of infrastructure-as-code, continuous delivery/continuous deployment & cloud computing, the Senior Cloud Engineer will be tasked with highly technical projects and will have the opportunity to design, plan & build ForgeRock's cloud computing platform & deployment pipelines.
The end goal is to ensure that ForgeRock can continue to deliver our world class identity management products, supported by a stable and robust IT infrastructure.What You'll Be Doing
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Work within a small team to deliver solid & stable cloud deployments.
- Investigate and make decisions on technology products and solutions to be used within the cloud infrastructure.
- Manage and run large internal technical projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and skill share across the team.
- Assist in the daily running and maintenance of the internal IT infrastructure.
- Create documentation to support server automation projects.
- Create handover documents to assist IT Operations with carrying out BAU tasks.
- Work closely with security to ensure best practices are followed.
Life At ForgeRockWe believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We've grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that's who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- Proven track record of building automated deployment pipelines
- Expertise in configuration management tools (Puppet)
- Solid experience working within a git flow environment (Gitlab, GitHub)
- Advanced knowledge of cloud compute platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Linux/UNIX system administration
- Experience with cloud automation strategies (Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant)
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation (Jenkins, GitLab-CI)
- Scripting experience (Python, Shell, Ruby)
- Experience managing technical projects and stakeholder management
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Identity and Access Management knowhow a major plus
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you're hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We're Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe - San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!