Our client, an award-winning independent Accountancy Practice in the Luton/Dunstable area are recruiting for a full time, experienced senior accountant. The ideal candidate will have worked in a busy accountancy practice for 5+ years and will ideally have experience in the use of Xero accounting software. Established for over 10+ years, with a large client base and undergoing growth, this is an exciting time to join and develop with a successful, well established business.
As the MD's right-hand person, you will assist in the day to day running and ensure the junior members of staff are engaged and fully utilised.
* Supporting MD and running of the office in absence of MD.
* Delegating work and supporting junior members of staff to ensure deadlines are met.
* Supporting the practice in managing a large client base with a pro-active and organised approach.
* Preparation of financial statements, corporation tax, personal tax and VAT returns.
* Reviewing VAT and Bookkeeping work
* Overseeing junior staff and providing feedback
* Dealing with client queries
The successful candidate will have the following experience/attributes:
* (ACCA/ACA/AAT) qualified or (qualified by experience, 10 years in practice).
* Xero accounting software skills - advanced
* MS Word and Excel skills - intermediate
* Excellent communication skills
* A high degree of attention to detail and self-organisation skills
* A 'hands-on' approach to work in a relaxed and hardworking environment.
* Supervisory skills and a 'can do' work ethos to support and work as a team.
The company is offering:
* Annual salary of between circa £28-35K depending upon experience
* 20 days holiday per year, excluding bank holidays
* Co statutory pension (after 3 months)
* Hours of work Monday - Friday 9-5pm (1/2 hr lunch).
* 6 months probationary period