CANPACK was established in 2008 and is proud to be part of the Can Pack Group of companies, subsidiaries of Giorgi Global Holdings inc. (United States based).
CANPACK is a leading manufacturer of aluminium beverage cans. We have the latest manufacturing equipment and control technology. We are able to produce very high quality cans in 15cl, 25cl, 33cl, 44cl and 50cl sizes (other size cans are made within Can Pack Group).
This position involves shift work and offers a pay rate commensurate with experience. The Company operates a pension scheme and a generous bonus scheme of 10% of your quarterly earnings. Additional to basic, shift allowance is £2.00 per hour (inc in salary), overtime is paid at time and a half and above statutory holiday. Working on a rotating shift pattern 8am-8pm, 8pm-8am. This position is on a 1 year fixed-term contract.
The duties of this post include:
· Diagnosis and repair of broken-down machinery
· Keeping track of all Electrical motor repairs and specifications
· Servicing of electric motors as well as periodic greasing and inspection.
· Identification and renovation of damaged sub-assemblies and parts.
· Performing installation works of new equipment.
· Performing servicing and overhauling of production equipment's electrical systems
· Performing maintenance of lighting fittings and keeping records on their condition
· Performing improvements on the production lines
· Keeping provided tools and equipment in good condition.
· Co-operating with technical and production departments.
· Keeping technical documentation up to date, electrical schematics, parts information etc.
· Assisting in the training of CPUK employees and where applicable persons external to CPUK i.e. Agency workers and/or contractors.
· Participate in implementation of WCM practices or other CPUK systems.
The successful candidate must have:
· Experience in electrical fault finding in industrial environment (or similar role)
· GSCE / A levels
· Electrical certification / 17th Edition of IEE Regulations
· Thorough knowledge of electrical drawings and theories
· Knowledge of industrial control systems and equipment such as PLCs and VFDs (experience with presses & HVAC desirable)
· Microsoft Office basics
· Ability to work under pressure
· Eye for detail
· Flexible approach to work