3-months contract (likely to be extended)Infrastructure ConsultantLocation: FarnboroughSC Clearance is required
We are looking for a highly experienced Infrastructure Consultant, to join our client's amazing technical consulting team. This position can be based in any of their UK offices or home based with travel to client sites.About the role:
The CI Core Platform product provides the stable, secure, resilient hosting environment needed to support the operational requirements for our customer.
CI Core Platform will be engineered, delivered, and maintained using a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery approach.
CI Core Platform will be delivered using an Agile and Lean approach to systems engineering ensuring we deliver value at pace and with rigor.
Development of this product needs to achieve a high level of automation from the outset to achieve:
- Removal of all manual build steps and the associated build instructions
- Automation across the full stack of hardware, network, virtualisation platform and hosted infrastructure.
- An environment in which future designs are created with regular and repeatable build in mind
- Testing conducted as soon as a component of the product has been built with repeatable tests in place and used throughout that component's lifecycle
- Staged development of the CI Core Platform as described in our product roadmap
- Delivery of the necessary accompanying documentation to allow hosted application partners to use and co-exist on the CI Core Platform product
- Development of testing strategies, continual tests, and feedback loops to the engineering lifecycle
- Associated artefacts to allow the completion of regular engineering reviews and lifecycle checkpoint reviews
- Contribution to and development of high-level architecture
- Contribution to and development of lower level design - logical through physical
- Satisfaction of relevant security considerations/restrictions
- Testing and configuration of suitable components to deliver the benefits identified in the architecture
- Integration of disparate components into a cohesive hosting product
- Development of associated documentation, process, procedures
- Development of associated training materials
- Support to other business functions to enable them to integrate and host their applications onto this new environment
- Support to ensure that CI Core Platform passes the necessary security and environmental checkpoints
- Virtualisation and Container Ecosystems: - VMware vSphere, Kubernetes, Docker
- Operating Systems: - RHEL/CentOS Linux, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 (or later)
- Enterprise Network Infrastructure: - Routing, Switching, VLANs, Firewalls and Load Balancers/Reverse Proxy
- Programming Experience: - C#, Go, Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Modern API and Microservice principles: - REST APIs, OpenAPI RESTful Design, and gRPC
- Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management as Code: Ansible/Chef/Puppet, PowerShell DSC, Terraform, and Packer
- Enterprise Computing Infrastructure and its management: Dell EMC + iDRAC, HPE + iLO, iPMI
- Enterprise Health and Logging: - Zabbix, Prometheus, Graphana, Splunk, Elastic stack (or any SNMP-based tool)
- Experience with modern Continuous Integration-Continuous Deployment development pipelines: - Git, Jenkins, GitLab, Atlassian Jira/Bamboo, Github