Position: Principal Structural EngineerBased: Birmingham or Milton Keynes with agile workingType: Full time, PermanentSalary: Competitive + car/car allowance
RPS is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our growing Design & Surveys Team. We have flexibility on the location you can be based from, Milton Keynes or Birmingham and we can offer some days home working. As a Principal Structural Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to work with our industry leading team where we have an excellent reputation and offer a wealth of expertise in all sectors of the built environment. You'll be working independently and primarily be involved in the effective delivery of a variety of projects for both our public sector and commercial clients including residential and superstructure.Key responsibilities:
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Independent management of projects
- Financial responsibility for your own projects
- Management of staff and other consultants
- Further develop the team of engineers and technicians
- Work in collaboration with senior stakeholders and clients
- Attendance of leadership and strategy meetings
- Site visits
- Undertake structural surveys, investigation and repair schemes for failing structures from fires to foundation failures.
What we offer you:
- Chartered (or progressing towards chartership) with ICE, or IStructE or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of investigations and repairs of existing structures/defects and repair and experience of low-rise volume housing in the UK
- Some design experience of traditional load bearing masonry structures, awareness of shallow foundation
- Experience of concept design for different forms of low to medium rise residential buildings
- Commercial awareness with knowledge in financial management of projects, development of clients and ability to assist in the project appointment process
- Used to working on entire projects from beginning to completion
- A practical approach with the ability to work independently to deliver results
RPS is a great place to do great work. No day is the same and our people are integrally involved in defining our culture, behaviours and success. Working together, we challenge each other and seize opportunities to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. You can too.
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company car or car allowance, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships About RPS:
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,200 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.