Job Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Our client is looking to secure a NEW Embedded Systems Engineer to join the R&D Team. This role is a senior position with responsibility for developing the firmware/software used within gas instrumentation products.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in the development of embedded systems, firmware (in C), and computer software to control them.
The main job function is to create and modify firmware/software systems for new and legacy instrumentation products, although the ability to design electronics systems is also desirable. The ability to understand and troubleshoot electronic designs including small signal analogue, power supply, and microcontroller systems is very important.
Credentials required Embedded Systems Engineer would ideally be;
- Software, Computer Science or Electronics Degree
- Over 4 years in industry with relevant experience in relation to description above
- Confident problem solver who can work without supervision
- Proven track record of writing code and writing in various software
- Experienced in firmware/software design and development
The responsibilities of the Embedded Systems Engineer are;
- Creating PC software for customer and internal use
- Designing/documenting electronic and software systems
- Specifying designs to be undertaken by other engineers
- Testing and assembling prototype electronic instruments
- Troubleshooting faults in prototype and production units
- Documentation for new designs and engineering changes
- Working with the team to develop new product concepts
This is a client we have worked with exclusively for some time now, they have a fantastic product line and working environment with continual progress within the business not only within product improvement but in employment.
Please apply within or contact James Ewart @ Orion Electrotech for more information.