Are you looking to extend your classroom experience before deciding on a career in education?
Are you a teacher wanting to return to work after a period away from the classroom?
Or, are you a qualified teacher, who wants a better work-life balance than a permanent teaching job allows?
We are working with a number of schools around the Ely, Cambridgeshire area that are looking to recruit cover supervisors. The role of a Cover Supervisor is varied and challenging but also very rewarding; you will be expected to deliver prepared work to pupils as well as managing the classroom. Roles vary from day-to-day cover to longer term positions, dependent upon the schools need.
Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a productive environment
Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
- Previous experience as a cover supervisor is desired but not assential
- Strong classroom management
- Strong behaviour management
- A motivated and enthusiastic demeanour
- Strong knowledge of the curriculum
- Punctuality and reliability
- An ability to display great interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
Benefits of Working for Randstad:
- 24/7 on-call service
- Free career advice
- Support and guidance throughout your role
- Job matching based on your preferences
- An advanced booking application
- A dedicated consultant
- A range of schools to help build your experience
- £300 'Refer a friend' scheme
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Jonathan Gash, your specialist Support Services consultant, via email or telephone at the Cambridge Education Branch.