At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit our website and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
The BEP DT project will safely design, engineer, procure, construct and commission a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer's needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
Working at part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) and reporting to the Delivery Manager (DM) the Area Project Manager (APM) is responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of a BEP plant area, equipment, systems and packages across the project phases, in accordance with the integrated project programme, to time, cost and quality objectives. Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage the whole life (EPCC) delivery on behalf of the DM for the assigned plant area(s). This includes the project management, project engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning of a multi-discipline team
- Ensure safety is the highest priority on the project, with a continued strive towards Zero Harm. Lead by example, undertaking at least one safety tour every month across project sites.
- Ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with approved schedules and budgets to the agreed quality requirements.
- Provide accurate and representative schedule and cost reports and forecasts on a monthly basis
- Work in accordance with the delegated authorities defined in schedule 7 of the Contract or as otherwise delegated by the Delivery Manager in his absence.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of project delivery undertaken by their area multi-disciplined delivery teams ensuring appropriate consistency of approach and information
- Ensuring delivery performance and focus on the project Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Key Project Milestones
- Ensure the risk register reflects the true project risks and is updated regularly, retiring risks as appropriate, and ensuring mitigating actions are tracked and implemented.
- Prepare appropriate and accurate weekly and monthly reports and content covering delivery progress, cost and risk (using input from their multi-disciplined area team) for the project as necessary. More than reporting - to ensure confidence in the information and activities to maintain the progress developing trust and confidence within the IPT
- Area decision making, aligned activities, priority setting and resource management and planning to deliver overall BEP DT requirements
- Understand, meet and manage where appropriate with all stakeholders within the IPT and wider stakeholders to facilitate delivery and manage expectations
- Oversee an effective meeting schedule driven by project needs and promote clear protocols that enhance value and effectiveness of meeting outcomes
- Role model, hold self and others accountable for the behaviours, processes and approach that support collaborative working across BEP DT stakeholders.
- Drive a committed and focused approach across BEP DT where outcomes are clear and required actions are well defined, owned and delivered and where accountability for performance is managed.
- Deliver and share fit for purpose solutions, leveraging innovation, learning and best practice across the IPT project and wider stakeholders
- Drive a coherent and open communication strategy that ensures common understanding, where individuals are clear about their contribution to overall success of the project
- Ensure that all change is identified, in accordance with the contract, controlled by the delivery teams and managed through the project change management process. Maintain the CE register and ensure that PMIs and EWNs are issued in a timely manner as required.
- Update the appropriate resource levels, assign specific roles and responsibilities and highlight additional manning / de-manning requirements for the Project Management Function in assigned area
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Preparing and maintaining an overall schedule for resource use, which avoids bottlenecks and conflicting demands, and sequencing outcomes, to enable the efficient realisation of benefits
Project and programme management qualifications, experience driving multi-disciplined teams integrating engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities to deliver complex projects within the Nuclear Industry.
- Degree Qualified (Preferred) in an Engineering / Technical / Project Management subject or equivalent years of experience
- Full Member of the Association for Project Management (APM) or equivalent qualification
- Earned Value Practitioner (Preferred)
- Excellent range of EPCC skills and appropriate experience.
- Managing and delivering projects within scope, budget, time and quality constraints.
- Reporting progress against deliverables and achieving KPI's and Milestone delivery requirements in line with project and stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Managing teams of multi-disciplined resources to solve complex problems
- Experience and demonstrable behaviours of working within an IPT
- Identifying and delivering innovation, savings & benefits.
- Identifying and mitigating project risks and issues.
- Developing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships.
- Working experience of co-ordination and management of projects at both package and programme level.
- Managing supply chain and contracts.
- Familiar with Project Management process and procedure.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.