Our school is seeking a Maintenance Assistant to join our friendly maintenance team.
Your duties as a Maintenance Assistant will include:
- Maintaining a well decorated, safe and comfortable environment throughout the unit, in line with quality standards and following work processes which comply with statutory regulations
- Ensuring that Priory minimum standards are delivered in all unit areas in a timely and efficient manner, as part of a team
- Identifying and reporting damage, faults and other related issues to line manager (and then action as agreed) to ensure that environmental conditions continue to meet quality standards and statutory regulations
- Ensure that as part of a team the fabric of the building is continually updated to reflect the needs of the learners. This may include small maintenance jobs as well as more substantial projects
- You would also be expected to complete some gardening duties
- Undertaking any other additional duties as required.
Please note that the successful candidate will be expected to work at Eastwood Grange and across other Priory sites as required so a driving license is essential to this role.Your Benefits
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Eastwood Grange School is a specialist day school located in the village of Ashover, near Chesterfield, for boys and girls aged 5-18 years. The pupils exhibit a variety of severe and complex educational, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, which have impeded personal developmental and educational success. Many of the pupils have a number of diagnoses. Our pupils have failed in, or have been failed by, a variety of settings before coming to Eastwood Grange School.
Priory Education and Children's Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.References
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.Disclosure
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.