Centrica Business Solutions
are a leading company working within the Renewable Energy & Solar PV sector. We have an exciting opportunity for a Solar O&M Technician/Solar PV Engineer
to join our team. The role will be field based, covering the areas from Luton - Milton Keynes to Reading, with occasional further travel.
You'll be responsible for carrying out operations & maintenance activities on a wide variety of installs, ranging from domestic roof top installs to large ground mount solar PV farms.As an O&M Technician, you will be responsible for:
To be considered for this position
- Ensuring adherence to all health & safety procedures at all times.
- Carrying out operations, fault finding, checks and maintenance on ground mount solar PV plants which will include working on inverters, electrical components, cabling, junction boxes and the framework.
- Assisting in the installation of solar plant (when/if required).
- Managing relationships with contractors working on the sites.
- Providing reports on tasks undertaken (mainly using IAuditor template).
- Other duties as required.
- You must hold relevant electrical engineering qualifications (apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ / 17th/18th Edition etc.)
- Have proven experience in a similar O&M Technician or Solar PV Electrician role.
- Previous experience in the solar PV sector (especially working on ground mount plant) and high voltage (HV) would be very advantageous.
You will be expected to travel as we have over 70MW of Solar throughout the UK (mainly England and Wales). Therefore, you will need to hold a full & valid driving licence. Accommodation and other travel expenses such as food will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company in the Renewable Energy & Solar PV industry. We're offering a competitive salary depending on experience, plus benefits including performance payments, van, fuel card, tools, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays etc.