Commercial and Residential Property Lawyer Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated lawyer to join our growing property team.
The job is suitable for a solicitor or a very experienced legal executive with genuine ability.
So, if you are a confident, well-presented, friendly and approachable lawyer with excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you.The successful candidate
The right candidate will have
- at least 3 years' solid experience of both residential conveyancing and commercial property
- great people skills and will be an enthusiastic team player
- good organisational, time management and IT skills
- the ability to multi-task under pressure
- a keen eye for detail
- the confidence and the ability to react to change whilst working within a pressurised environment
- excellent standards of client care and great communication skills
- a history of strong billing
- a desire and the ability to help in the growth of the residential property department
In addition, a useful, but not essential, attribute would be the ability to bring referral sources with you, along with an interest in marketing.The job
The ideal candidate will need to play a flexible, but senior, role within the team. There are potentially 3 parts to this particular position.
Full-time or part-time?
- acting for property investors - an ability to cover this work is essential -further details below
- commercial property work
- some straightforward residential property work
Full-time is preferable. However, we will consider candidates on a part-time basis, with a minimum of three days a week.Flexible working
We continue to offer flexible working if required. For many years before the coronavirus crisis, many of our lawyers routinely worked from home.
We are more concerned with output than input - what we are really looking for is quality work, highly satisfied clients and great billingThe team?
Overall, you will be part of a 22 strong property team, broken down into four teams.
Our property investor team
- property investor
- our five strong specialist leasehold team (mainly lease extension and lease enfranchisement) - led by a different solicitor
Working for property investors and developers has become our fastest growing specialist niche and we anticipate the team's workload growing significantly in the next five years.
This involves working for a variety of investors and developers throughout England and Wales - with some buying residential and others commercial property.
For example, work for a developer, though purchasing residential property, might involve the following aspects
- entering a joint venture and setting up an SPV company (NB our team also includes a specialist commercial lawyer and an accountant - so tax and commercial work is covered by those specialists, but the successful candidate will need to be familiar with these kind of issues and how to integrate them into the property element of the deal).
- The use of options, delayed completion and overage agreements [NB we do not handle lease options].
- Bridging and other loans
- Title splitting
Our conveyancing is good quality work- we don't buy in cheap residential conveyancing. Clients come to us, and our referrers refer to us, because we are good at what we do - and they know we care about them.
According to Land Registry figures, we are among the top 350 firms nationwide handling the most conveyancing work.Flexible working
We offer flexible working if required - many of our lawyers routinely work from home, for example. We are more concerned with output than input - what we are really looking for is quality work, highly satisfied clients and great billing.Salary?
Market rate, dependent on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience