Instrumentation Technician (6 month contract)
Are you a trained Instrumentation or Controls Technician looking for a new exciting role with an immediate start?
Are you looking for a days-based role? If yes then please read for more information on an exciting opportunity below.This is what you'll be doing.
Joining the team in the field, you'll be reporting into the MEI area manager, being responsible for working with both internal and external teams for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). With the completion of planned maintenance routines with the goal of a reduction of downtime due to equipment failure, ensuring machine uptime and improvements are enabling effective performance.
Covering the Gwent area you will also be responsible for responding to equipment breakdowns completing reactive work to ensure minimal downtime is achieved.
Tasks will include:
The Experience you'll bring to the team.
- Carrying out planned maintenance of the plant to ensure no breakdowns or reactive failures of equipment.
- Responding to breakdowns on a very wide variety of the plant, assess problems, decide on action, acquire spares and carry out repairs as necessary.
- Recommending innovative ideas and continuous improvement initiatives to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Programming PLC's, telemetry and SCADA systems to efficiently control and monitor unmanned plant's, amending existing programmes in response to both faults and operational changes in order to optimise levels of service.
- Being actively involved in design, installation and commissioning of capital schemes to ensure successful delivery including process optimisation and environmental discharge monitoring and control.
And this is what you'll get in return.
- You will be a multi-skilled instrumentation technician, with the ability to fault-find and repair both mechanical and electrical fields.
- You will have completed an apprenticeship or Relevant qualification in electronics, instrumentation or electrical Engineering.
- Proven track record and experience of working in a production/plant environment such as oil & gas, nuclear or chemical industries (Desirable)
- A clean Driving Licence
A competitive salary of upto £32000 per annum (pro rata to 6 months) , with lots of overtime and other benefits.Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking? Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones .
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*