TEACHING ASSISTANTS (SEN) - Lincolnshire
We are recruiting for Teaching Assistants to join our Education Teams in Lincolnshire at our schools in Swinderby, LN6 and Friesthorpe LN3.
The role is working 33.75 hours a week Mon-Fri 09:15am - 16;00pmAbout the job:
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be key in helping young people with complex learning disability needs in an educational setting. This is a challenging role, but very rewarding. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results to our young people. What would I be doing?
What experience or qualifications would I need?
- Supporting the Class Teacher and working together to review the progress of each pupil.
- Assist in carrying out programmes devised by a multi-disciplinary team, such as Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists and Educational Psychologists.
- Assist in objective work with the pupils to ensure positive outcomes in line with the curriculum.
- Contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle and a variety of appropriate stimulating activities.
- Appropriately support pupils to manage their behaviour in line with their Individual Pupil Care Plan (IPCP)
- Support pupils to develop their communication skills in a method appropriate to them.
- Ensure that the classroom is well presented and safely maintained.
- Complete hand over documentation and reporting accurately and within set timeframes
- Take ownership for developing own skills, knowledge and experience as outlined in personal development review.
What would I get in return?
- Experience of working with young people in an Educational setting (ideally Special Educational Needs).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
- Visits to the school are encouraged prior to interview, once shortlisted
About Kisimul Group:
- This role offers a salary of £13,602.68 (65 days hol)
- Extensive training.
- Life Assurance
- Career development opportunities
- Full funded DBS checks
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.