Project Manager (Trades, M&E, Shop Fitting)
£35000 - £40,000 per annum + Benefits
We are a Manufacturer of specialist equipment and solutions provider for people or organisations which require complex care. We are a market leader in our field with ambitions to grow. We are looking to recruit a Project Manager to manage projects from cradle to grave providing technical knowledge and insight in order to instruct and manage multiple installation sites in parallel (electrical, mechanical and fabric) across Social Services, Care Homes. You will also be visiting sites to complete site surveys where required and advise the customers on the layout and fit our facilities to meet the required standards including quotation generation.
Main functions and responsibilities
- Drive repeat business and referrals through our excellent service and relationships.
- Inputting excellent technical knowledge of the product range and installation requirements where called upon
- Work closely with other departments
- Build a deep understanding of the specifications required for Changing Places and other similar project installation requirements.
- From a qualified lead engage with the site or facilities manager and advise them on the specific layout of equipment understanding the building fabric, electrical and mechanical requirements to ensure the completed installation meets the standards.
- Liaising with all relevant parties involved in the project, including clients, sub-contractors and the internal installation team.
- Understanding and interpreting contract requirements.
- Generate the quotation from the agreed pricing tables and labour estimates.
The ideal candidate will come from a trade background, with good interpersonal skills and a strong focus on getting the job done. This role requires good technical knowledge and an expertise in understanding and dealing with trade issues. With an innate ability to communicate at all levels, you will have good IT and project management skills and be capable of working well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Demonstrable experience in managing similar projects.
- Some knowledge of CDM regulations desirable
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and capacity to quickly learn the technical aspects of new products
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- A team player who is also comfortable working alone.
- Organised and competent administrator.
- The successful candidate must have a positive 'can do' attitude and will also be required to have the flexibility to travel to customer sites in line with business needs.