About the role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Projects Risk & Control Manager to join our busy Customer Programmes team in Langley, Berkshire.
You will report to the Programme manager where you will work within Customer Programme team to ensure that high standards of internal control are maintained in project delivery through suitable design controls to ensure efficiency initiatives and risk compliance are delivered within the £60m a year programmeKey areas of accountability will include:
Skills and experience:
- Plan and coordinate the programme to ensure proper adherence to all financial and project governance arrangements.
- Implement and manage defined processes and systems to drive the efficiency programme to ensure the programme delivers within the Internal Business Plan
- Maintain and enhance the live risk register and embed a robust system to provide early warning of emerging risks or issues
- Govern the continuous improvement and change management process
- Work collaboratively with business partners to ensure that all project and programme plans are developed, maintained and reported against
- Providing support and technical information to the Head of Customer Programmes and key stakeholders
- Monitor and control programme compliance for projects contractual obligations.
- Assist in leading, coaching and supporting Project Controls staff
- Support in identifying, applying and evaluating cost control techniques to support the monitoring, managing and reporting of costs
- Manage and provide verification on Contractor's Progress and Payment
What's in it for you?
- Degree qualified in a technical or project management-based discipline is desired.
- Technically minded - able to comprehend technical approaches and concepts and to articulate these to a wider audience.
- Strong planning skills and high analytical capability with a high sense for detail
- Previous relevant project delivery experience, preferable in large complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Experience of specific project controls multi-disciplined experience (scheduling, Work breakdown Structure management, risk management at quantive and qualitative levels, cost engineering, document management and change management).
The metering Programme forms a critical element in Thames Water delivering life's essential services. You will be joining a successful team delivering one of the largest Smart Water Metering programmes in the world! This is a unique opportunity to be pivotal in driving efficiency and continuously improving the delivery of Thames Water Smart metering programme.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.