One of the world's leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies, are recruiting for a Procurement Specialist on a permanent basis, located in Farnborough
This role will see you be responsible for a best in class procurement service for input into customer bids, in support of securing major new projects for the organisation's aerospace sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build on their existing procurement, supply chain and/or bid support experience, who wants to take the next step in their career with an extremely interesting and unique business. What's on offer?
About your new role
- Permanent role with a true industry leader and innovator
- Competitive base salary plus car allowance, pension, 25 days holiday and flexible benefit scheme
- Easily accessible Farnborough location, modern offices with parking and restaurant on site
- True career progression on offer within this large organisation
The role will be responsible for executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. You will be responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
Key duties include:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditation that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardize or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Category Management Team to identify opportunities to utilize extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help bring consistency to sourcing activities and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing
- Procurement experience in a large organisation
- Industry experience within Defence or Aerospace, or similar regulated industry
- Ability to work with, and influence, stakeholders up to a senior level
- Supplier negotiation skills
- Experience in supporting customer bids is highly desirable
If you believe this is the next career move for you, please do not hesitate to apply now.