Brewster Partners are working with a Chesterfield manufacturing business who are looking to recruit for a Quality and Health & Safety Manager.THE JOB:
Purpose of role:
The Quality and Health & Safety Manager role is vital to the successful operation of our client's expanding business where the need for outstanding quality management and the continuous improvement and delivery of health and safety awareness, training and management is critical. The role will be responsible for all aspect of Quality and Health and Safety management.
Main Tasks of the role:
- Lead and deliver the Quality Programme ensuring that processes and procedures comply with the relevant requirements.
- Take full responsibility for successful re-accreditation for ISO 9001 2015 and BRC Version 6.
- Lead future programs for gaining further ISO accreditation including ISO 22716, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and Smeta 4 Pillar
- Develop and deliver Quality standards and procedures on major capital expenditure and Innovation projects
- Reporting of Sustainability metrics and drive improvement in performance
- Responsibility for the supplier relationship and quality management.
- Responsibility for customer quality management and communication
- Lead and direct the business on any arising quality issues through the development and continuation of a procedural review process programme.
- Analyse quality costs and initiate measures to control and reduce.
- Plan and implement processes for ensuring compliance with Company safety rules and legislative requirements.
- Analyse audit results, accident and safety related incidents to establish trend details and action critical issues ensuring information is passed to relevant parties.
- Support the Production management team to drive improvements to safety, hygiene and quality.
- Take responsibility for safety and quality legal requirements.
- Production experience - minimum of 3 years
- Quality Management in a production environment - minimum of 3 years
- Safety and Quality audit management
- NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma - preferred
- ISO9001 2015 auditor training
- Sufficient knowledge of ISO and BRC to be able to successfully manage the application of the standards
- Thorough and current knowledge of HSE legislation
- Strong influencer, stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate effectively and motivate, and develop a team
- IT skills - Microsoft Word, Excel and similar, PC based planning and performance management tools
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead others - Direct the actions of several people towards the organisation's goals and to motivate them to pursue these goals with enthusiasm
- Strong written communication skills, able to produce reports, presentations and present data analysis for a wide audience.
- Competitive salary (£40K - £45K depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Onsite parking
- Company pension scheme
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm (a flexible approach to working hours is required)
Brewster Partners Engineering is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.