Join the team at the Potters Bar Clinic to deliver high-quality clinical service to patients across two adult acute admissions wards (Ruby Ward with up to 12 male patients, and Crystal Ward with up to 11 female patients).
With no On Calls, you will work closely with the units multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
The centre of our philosophy is that this journey is all about the individual. By ensuring individualised care is delivered which is evidenced based, people can move through pathways of care as their condition improves. Families and friends are an active part in each person's recovery process and helping all reach the end goal of more independent living where this is possible.
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 depending on experience - No on-calls + Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5 (Full time)Our Specialty Doctor role also involves:
To be successful as a Specialty Doctor, you'll need:
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
- Reviewing the mental state of patients as per the hospital procedure.
- Ensuring that each patient has a full physical health screen upon admission including physical examination, ECG and bloods (the hospital has some phlebotomists).
- Taking a lead with managing any physical health concerns that emerge during inpatient stay.
- Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
- Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under supervision of Consultant.
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance and CPD activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
- Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
- Taking part in the unit first on-call rota
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within a PICU/secure services (desirable)
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (8 days) and your birthday off (total 39 days)
- £70,000 - £80,000 per year
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.