We are looking for a forward-thinking, energetic Teaching Assistant to join our thriving Academy team.
This role will involve spending half the week supporting children 1:1, and half the week teaching computing.Your opportunity
At Shortlands, our Teaching Assistants play a key role in supporting children with their learning and development. They work closely with class teachers to understand the learning that the children need to achieve and are responsible for working with individual pupils or groups to enable them to make excellent progress. Specific training around phonics and maths is also offered so that TAs can lead their own groups and interventions. TAs are also expected to support teaching staff with their planning, preparation and assessment activities.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. Join us in our mission to cultivate an exceptional learning environment for all our students.What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The person we are looking for will:
- Support children with their learning and development during lessons or free-flow activities as directed by the class teacher.
- Lead small group sessions and interventions according to teacher's planning.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of pupils in your class/group.
- Maintain high standards of behaviour among pupils through the use of the Academy's behaviour policy.
- Participate in administrative and organisational tasks relating to the duties above.
- Participate in Performance Management activities and also further training and professional development sessions as they arise.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.