Who are we?
We are not your traditional app development agency!
We specialise in engineering long-term high-quality app's, frameworks, and services in regulated markets. We are mobile development experts and have continued to push the boundaries of mobile since 2001.Some of our apps
Mecca Bingo: the UK's biggest native bingo app, 4 years in Google Play, 10 years in Apple App Store and still maintaining a 4.0 ★ rating.
Grosvenor Live Casino: allows users to play blackjack, roulette, and other games with real live dealers.
BCLC Lottery: a very popular Canadian App Store app allowing customers to scan lottery tickets and see the outcome.
We are constantly enhancing and improving all our apps.How we develop
Following the best dev practices:
- We build our own modules for reusable code across our apps
- All new code is written in either native languages or Xamarin
- TDD so we know when our code breaks
- We follow the SOLID principles and are always trying to leave the code cleaner than we found it
- We have a great CI setup with Jenkins validating our commits
- We are constantly striving to improve our security processes
Tech that interests us at the moment:
Who we are looking for
- Jetpack Compose
- Kotlin MultiPlatform
- Clean Architecture
- BDD testing frameworks
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic engineering manager who is experienced in the digital technology sector, who keeps up to date with latest development changes and who has excellent people managing skills.
As an Engineering Manger your responsibilities will include:
Successful applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Hiring, leading, mentoring and coaching your team facilitating their professional development and learning opportunities
- Driving technical standards ensuring platforms are robust, flexible, scalable, and cost effective
- Play an active part in creating a motivating, supportive and productive working environment for our engineering teams
- Be an agile delivery lead and help teams constantly improve their working practices
- Ensuring your Engineering team is collaborating effectively with other teams to achieve project deliverables
- Own the development and delivery of a roadmap of work for your scope of responsibility
- Continuously raise the quality of mkodo engineering practices and platform releases.
- Stay informed about the latest technical trends to help resolve the opportunities and challenges our teams face
- Measure and monitor production systems, including key data that demonstrates the value of the teams deliverables
- Code review, Automated Testing collaboration and support
- Develop technical architecture and planning documents for current and future developments
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall system architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements
- Create technical documentation for internal and external parties
- Participate in reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of Engineering
What we offer
- Experience in a similar position
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Management skills, motivational leader
- Has experience in TDD, XP practices, clean code
- Enthusiasm, ambition, self-motivation, willing to learn and to pass on knowledge to others.
- You will have experience of planning and executing work within agreed estimates, time schedules and priorities.
- Experience in leading a mobile app project would be beneficial
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Excellent Holiday allowance
- Flexible working environment
- Quarterly team events
- Performance bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel Loan scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Supplies of fresh fruits, snacks
- Friday evening beers
- Birthday off
- Free book of your choice from our essential engineering reads list
- Relevant training and training budget
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please contact us at email@example.com