Start Date: Immediate
Pay: £15,300 pa (actual)
Fixed Term Contract Starting September 2020 to July 2021.
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual who has the ability and skills to successfully work as a Learning Support Assistant within our Key Stage 2 team.
You will be supporting students with their academic, personal and social development. This role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. All of our learners have EHCP's and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School works towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood. Applicants must be prepared to work in the school environment and occasionally at external locations when required, such as therapeutic farms/colleges.
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Experience of working in schools (preferably SEMH)
- Understanding of SEMH
- Good level of English and Maths
- Fresh ideas and a good insight into how to support teachers
- Ready to learn new skills
- Willing to learn teaching strategies and techniques
- Proactive, creative and innovative
- Emotionally robust and resilient
- Flexible, engaging and adaptable
- Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
- Regular mentoring and coaching
- Regular training from internal and external experts
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Closing Date: 18/09/2020 at 15:00
Information about the school
WEST HEATH SCHOOL
Ashgrove Road, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1SR
"Rebuilding lives through education"
OFSTED outstanding November 2019
West Heath School is an Independent SEN residential school with charity status. We provide a therapeutically informed learning environment for children aged 10-19 who have suffered some form of trauma and are unable to access main stream education. We believe in "rebuilding lives through education", developing life skills and encouraging students to enjoy social activities .
"A fun place to work where social development is valued as much as education"
"The support you receive from the moment you arrive at West Heath School is excellent..."
"Two days are never the same at West Heath School and this certainly keeps you on your toes!"
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.