Production Engineering Manager
Taking ownership of all Production related activity this role will be pivotal in instilling leadership and strategy across a hugely ambitious and forward-thinking business. Working as part of the management team you will take ownership of production process, quality, workflow, manufacturing reliability and productivity.
We are looking for the type of leader who wants to make a real difference by inspiring talented teams of engineers, with the inner drive to innovate and steer the future direction of the business. Some of the key areas you will focus on will include:
- Drive functional excellence across the production team.
- Set clear objectives and KPI's to review and assess ongoing team performance.
- Driving forward continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement through lean techniques to enhance existing capability processes and removing waste.
- Guide the development and implementation of manufacturing processes, procedures, and methodologies across the department.
- Work closely with program management and other internal engineering teams on the introduction of new products.
- Making sure that goals and objectives of the product life cycle are achieved working in conjunction with design to understand design changes and translating these into clear manufacturing instructions.
- Identify new capital equipment investment.
Although the company have a global reach you will join a UK operation where you will get the freedom to make changes whilst instilling clear guidance and processes to your team. You will play a vital part in a new product launch which will transform the company from an equipment manufacturer to a "solutions provider". When they achieve this, they will be years ahead of any competitors on the market with an approach which is set to revolutionise the industry.
For this role we are looking for:
- A degree in a relevant engineering technical discipline.
- A strong background in Production Management working within a hi-tech engineering industry.
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing and Six sigma methodologies.
Drive and creativity with the ability to make production improvements and think outside the box