A well-established manufacturing business based in Grimsby, N.E Lincolnshire
We are looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer within the manufacturing sector. The ideal candidate will have strong Electrical experience as well as Mechanical.
Shifts are 5/2 as follows:
Week 1: 5 x 12 hour shifts, Days (6am - 6pm)
Week 2: 2 x 12 hour shifts, Days
Week 3: 5 x 12 hour shifts, Nights (6pm - 6am)
Week 4: 2 x 12 hour shifts, Nights
Pay grades are between £14.80 - £15.80 per hour with overtime paid at time and a half.
Full training is provided for all new starters.
* Maintenance of all machine and building services and to ensure that all equipment and services are maintained in according to manufacturers and company requirements. Assisting in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment.
* To undertake scheduled maintenance on all machines, equipment and services, i.e. machinery, ancillary equipment, water, air conditioning, ventilation, abatement system etc., ensuring that all required records are fully up to date
* To maintain production equipment and services within the building so as to achieve maximum production efficiency
* To recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
* To ensure that all maintenance practices are undertaken in a safe manner as to ensure complete safety of all personnel
* Display a good technical knowledge of all equipment, showing the ability to project manage and multitask on a daily basis.
* Dealing with machine breakdowns
* On a daily basis look into ways to reduce our carbon footprint and save energy
* Assist the Engineering Manager to ensure all spares used are noted so that stock levels are maintained, following the company purchase procedures for spares and equipment
* Assist in training of new staff into the department
* Ensure you effectively communicate with all other relevant departments on a daily basis
* Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and sharing information.
* To comply with all Hygiene and Quality procedures and practices to ensure that company standards are met and surpassed
* Work in accordance with all company environmental management requirements, taking reasonable care for the protection of the environment through your own acts/omissions and report any opportunities for improving environmental targets.
* To work within Government and Company Equal opportunities Policy and practices and report any deviations
* To work within Government and Company Health & Safety policies and practices and report any hazards or incidences
* To be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the position and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
Experience & Skills:
* Time-served / apprentice trained
* Experience working within a fast-paced production environment
* Multi-Skilled (Electrical bias preffered)
Attitudes & Qualities:
* Self Motivated
* Accurate- right first time with a "Can Do" approach
* Good Communication and literacy skills
* Interdepartmental communication - good team player
* Project management skills and ability to multitask
* Excellent team working skills