Salary up to £48,500, plus bonus (OTE up to £58,685).
Keys Group is one of the largest providers of childcare in the UK with more than 87% of our schools and services rated 'good' or 'outstanding' by OFSTED. We specialise in working with children and young individuals with a range of behavioural difficulties, mental health and learning disabilities in a variety of settings. We are currently looking for caring individuals to work in one of our well established school in Scunthorpe as a Head Teacher. You will be teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of individual students.
You will be responsible for the provision of leadership, direction and management of the school by developing and implementing the school development plan. To teach and educate students according to their individual educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Head of School.
Main Function of the Position:
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the school.
- Establishing the policies through which they will be achieved.
- Managing staff and resources to that end.
- Organising and implementing an appropriate curriculum for the school.
- Raising the quality of teaching and learning for the pupils' achievement by monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of learning outcomes.
- Ensuring all legislation and standards are met in line with the registration of an independent school with the Department for Education.
- Supervision and management of education staff
- All administration associated with school leadership
The successful person will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- 5 years' experience in a school setting (of which 3 years ideally have been in with E.B.D or Learning Difficulties).
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a school setting
- This post would be suitable for a qualified teacher and deputy or assistant head wanting to move on to the next challenge.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualifications and/or experience
- Bonus scheme
- Initial and ongoing training provided for personal and professional development programmes
- Progressive Pay Scale
- Access to voluntary benefits
- Refer a Friend Scheme - Earning potential of £500
***Any unsolicited CV's will be sent at the recruitment agencies' own risk and will be interpreted as 'gifts' and we have no liability to you for any fee or otherwise. We reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your terms and conditions. By submitting an unsolicited CV to us, or to any member of our staff, you accept these terms as the default position***