Our client in the Chester area has a permanent requirement for a Maintenance Fitter to join their business. The successful candidate will carry out preventive maintenance and repair activities on the plant equipment to minimise production down time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
· Ensure the work is carried out to health and safety regulations.
· Make sure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
· Ensure the correct procedures are applied for the task.
· Risk assessments, method statements and permit to work.
· Diagnose and repair faults on mechanical services.
· Fabricate/repair all sizes of pipework, chutes and other equipment.
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance on heating systems, compressors, motors, pumps, ventilation systems, fan assembly's, drag chains, conveyors, elevators, crushers and any other equipment as deemed necessary by management.
· Safe isolation of electro-mechanical devices.
· Install heavy engineering plant using lifting equipment.
· Use own initiative, knowledge and experience when designing, manufacturing and installing engineering plant and equipment.
· Recognised time served apprenticeship, City and Guilds or BTEC in engineering.
· Recognised welding qualifications preferably City and Guilds 3268 level 3.
· Written and verbal communication skills in order to liaise with staff at all levels of the organisation.
· Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· FLT and MEWP licenses.
· Confined space trained.
· Minimum 3 years post qualification in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist