Required: Special Needs Teaching Assistant Start: 25 October 2020MedwayWorking in partnership with the Headteacher we are looking to recruit a passionate and suitably qualified special needs teaching assistant.
34 hours per week - term time only
- This post would be suited for someone who is passionate to work with special needs and looking to work school based hours
- Working hours: 8.30am - 4pm (3pm Friday)
The right person will
- Be professional and willing to undertake a full training programme to develop your own career
be able to support SEND students who have a range of needs including ASD, mental health and learning needs. The ideal candidate must have experience of working with SEND students and have a passion and understanding of students with a range of learning needs. Students are aged from KS1 though to KS5.
Special Needs Teaching Assistant responsibilities include:
For this Special Needs Teaching Assistant Job:
- To support SEND students working alongside the teacher with planned lessons.
- Be able to promote and assist in individual learning
- Building a student's confidence.
- Be able to effectively manage a students behaviour and understand triggers.
- You will ensure all students can thrive and fully develop their social and emotional skills.
- Keep a safe environment and be aware of all safeguarding policies and procedures
- Qualified with a level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certificate and/or SEND care qualifications.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of learning disabilities.
- Be professional at all times keeping to school policies and procedures
- Be willing to undertake a full training programme to develop your own career
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; interview procedures will be discussed with shortlisted candidates
If you feel you are suitable for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role, please contact us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.