Community & Content Manager
Full-time The Opportunity
We started KatKin to change how parents feed cats by bringing to market fresh, personalised and species-appropriate nutrition. Global cat food spend is a $34 billion market and the fastest growing segment within pet food. Premium spend is $8BN and has been increasing 1 percentage point year-on-year; driven by both the humanisation of pets and owners' own desire for fresh, all-natural foods.
Despite the rise of fresh pet food, particularly in the US where the concept is well proven by NomNom, Farmer's Dog and MyOllie, cats have been left behind by new entrants. This is not surprising - cats continue to be the industry underdog, as legacy FMCG companies have never formulated cat food for cats as obligate carnivores despite it being an absolute biological necessity. Who We Are
We're a world-first personalised fresh nutrition and wellness company for cats and their parents. We're building a pet company from the ground up by using technology and the best possible pet nutrition expertise for personalisation and are vertically integrated with our own in-house production. We make the best possible fresh food for cats, and in time will make it accessible and affordable for every parent. KatKin puts cats first and our brand celebrates cats as companions at the heart of the home. We're laser focused on our core fresh food proposition, while at the same time building a one-stop club and meeting place for cat parents.
We're right at the start of what is going to be a very exciting journey. We launched in the UK in January 2020 after spending 12 months developing our core concept and range of fresh meals. Our early cat parents love us! (check out our TrustPilot and Facebook pages) and we are backed with $6M from some of London's best VCs and angels and are now looking to scale up - fast. The Role
This is our very first community focused role and you will be working directly with one of KatKin's Co-Founders. You will be structuring and building content plans across online and offline channels, including social media, events, KatKin Chatter (our blog), webinars and new community groups - all to the delight of our customers!
You'll be able to switch effortlessly and often between strategic planning, creating content that brings KatKin to life, and engaging with cat parents.
This is a hands-on role and your ownership includes:
- Engaging with our early community (the KatKin Club)
- Generating newsworthy content and event ideas which also includes planning, scheduling and occasionally writing across the following:
- Social Media organic brand and community content
- KatKin Chatter (our blog) pipeline and relaunch
- Regular and ad hoc community events
- + future channels...
Proactively producing and sharing fresh content and generating a buzz Organising and managing the delivery of content from contributors Finding, onboarding and managing KatKin ambassadors relationships Tracking content performance and feeding learnings back into the team Working with a Co-Founder on an exciting pipeline project Who you are:
Nice to haves:
- You're a cat parent and your cat is one of the family
- You've got hustle, get your hands dirty and dive in to try new things
- You're well-organised and get things done quickly
- You're passionate about beautiful, thoughtful and engaging content
- You're comfortable in the spotlight and get a kick out of throwing events
- You can work independently and also collaborate well in a team
- Integrity, transparency and directness are non-negotiable values to you
What we offer:
- You've previously worked in a DTC startup
- You've helped bring together and grow a community in an authentic way
- You're comfortable creating content and have some skills and interest in either design, photography, video editing, illustration and/or copywriting
- Competitive salary and new macbook
- Career defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling a community, fast
- Opportunity to build your experience across a range of community channels
- Real ownership and the freedom to try out new, sometimes crazy ideas
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- 25 days holiday every year
- Discount for fresh, KatKin meals
Send us your CV and very brief sentences on the below questions.
Please also include a link to your creative portfolio (if applicable).
- Your favourite thing about your cat
- Tell us about a time you hustled in order to get something done
- What are your blind spots as told by the person who knows you best
- Tell us anything about the pet food space you find interesting
- Which DTC brand has delighted you the most and what did they do