Be part of an 'Officially Excellent' college!Inspire, Innovate, SucceedRole Title:
Learning Support Assistant Location:
Various sitesContract Type:
Permanent - Part Time Salary scale:
£18,146 - £18,607 please note this salary will be pro rata, based on a salary assessment and relevant experienceOverview
Here at Coleg Cambria our main objective is to make sure our learners thrive and enjoy college life. It is important that any learner that the transition into further education is made as easy as possible.
We are looking to recruit a number of individuals to provide general learning support to our learners with additional needs across our 5 sites: Deeside, Northop, Yale (Wrexham), Bersham Road and Llysfasi
. We want to recruit people who passionately believe that empowering and enabling young people with a range of abilities within a further education setting will help them to achieve their life and work aspirations.Requirements
- We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate empathy and understanding of a range of learning difficulties/disabilities as well as resilience, flexibility, patience and a sense of humour.
- You will ideally have previous experience of supporting learners with additional learning needs in the classroom or significant relevant personal experience.
- You will be expected to demonstrate a passion for empowering and enabling young people
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt your communication style when required to meet the needs of young people and adults.
- You will demonstrate the ability to build good working relationships with learners and staff and have the ability to manage groups of learners and have a positive approach to challenging behaviours.
- It is essential you have strong literacy and numeracy skills at Level 2 or above.
Coleg Cambria is committed to raising the profile of the Welsh language - Welsh language skills are desirable for this position.
Coleg Cambria is a 'Disability Confident' Employer.
The promotion of Equality and Diversity is an essential part of the work we do and as part of this, the College is committed to having a diverse staff group. Closing Date: 05/10/2020
Please be aware that Coleg Cambria reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you do wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date you have unfortunately not been successful in being shortlisted.A DBS Disclosure will be requested from the successful candidate being offered the position. You will also be required to register with the Education Workforce Council.