Are you a Fund Accounting professional with a solid understanding of UK OEICs and comfortable with the preparation and management of year end and interim financial statements for UK Funds? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our client, a leading Asset Management firm based in Edinburgh, is looking for an Assistant Fund Accountant to join their team on an initial 15-month fixed term contract.Essential Skills/Experience:
- Experience working in UK fund accounting or administration
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Proven organisational skills, can demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and undertake and manage multiple tasks.
- Good team worker with a proactive, flexible approach.
- Accountancy or Finance qualification
Job reference: 12824
- Preparation and management of year end and interim financial statements for UK Funds
- Communicate with the funds' Auditors and Depositary throughout the audit process
- Completion of month end data checks for UK and Irish Funds
- Completion of annual tax returns for UK Funds
- Prepare estimated and confirmed distribution rates for UK Funds
- Prepare weekly index-linked bond amortisation calculations
- Prepare income forecasts for UK Funds
- Assist in the system set-up of new funds and opening new custody accounts, working closely with various internal departments
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects within the department
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.