Position Title: EMEA ASSISTANT MARKETING MANAGER - APPLIANCES & COOKWAREReports to: EMEA MARKETING MANAGERLocation: MANCHESTERJob Summary
Listening to the voice of the consumer for our brands and categories across the region and helping to identify paths to success. Executing with excellence to deliver against the organisations objectives by driving profitable growth, value market share increases, consumer appreciation and optimised channel distribution.
By building your knowledge, support our category expertise with insightful consumer, channel, and competitor and market comprehension.
The EMEA Assistant Marketing Manager assists and supports the category marketing team in:
- Delivering to a long-term strategy for development of our brands across the region, in line with global brand marketing initiatives.
- Developing our brands NPD and Innovation funnel, pertinent to the region.
- Working with third party agencies to support the development and delivery of marketing campaigns
- Participating in and contributing to market, consumer, shopper and trend insight sessions regionally, that align with the global CMI vision.
- Participating in Ideation sessions to develop consumer benefit driven innovation using knowledge and insight that compellingly shapes the concept.
- Investigating new opportunities to drive our categories and brands in front of the consumer / shopper.
- Helping the team to develop and execute the most effective regional launch strategy for all products.
- Utilising global best practice and regional know-how to develop appropriate communication programmes for our brands across our markets and channels.
- Participating in category ranging, pricing, promotions and competitor thinking across retail channels.
- Staying close to key customers / channels to identify opportunities for products success through customer / channel specific lifecycle management, pricing and promotional strategies and distribution points.
- Providing our customer with shopper focussed insights regarding our product and the category.
- Commercialising projects successfully with thorough analysis and understanding of consumers, customers, markets, competitors and pricing.
- Participating in category marketing projects to deliver the perfect launch and optimising range effectiveness.
- Identifying potential strategic partner relationships for marketing across our channels.
- Monitoring, adjusting and communicating project and schedule changes through the development process with relevant stakeholders.
- Informing all relevant company functions of marketing objectives, plans and performance.
- Regular tracking of budgets and schedules with appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Supporting the team in preparation of our customer range review presentations, ensuring that messages and materials drive the desired outcome.
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field)
- 1+ years of experience (NPD, Category Management, Shopper Insights, Marketing, Sales or related position).
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand management and marketing philosophies, tools and processes.
- Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
- Analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with syndicated data, measures and software (e.g. GFK / Neilson.)
- Multi-channel experience and shopper understanding.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.