Up to £47,835 + competitive benefits packageAbout the Role
The IT Service Control team are responsible for a number of service management practices including; Major Incident, Problem, Risk, Change & Release Management. These practices allow us to deliver IT services to our clients to support their operational business activities. Effective processes are a critical part of the service we deliver, and being a part of the IT Service Control team you will have the opportunity to enhance and optimise the change management process and other supporting processes to achieve the best customer outcomes.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Change Manager to join the team and work alongside our other process owners to drive continuous improvement to our ways of working. You will be responsibility for delivering an exceptional service to NBS and Newcastle Strategic Solutions by owning the change enablement practice and ensuring that changes are deployed in an effective, safe, and timely manner in order to meet organizational expectations with a clear focus on balancing effectiveness, throughput, compliance and risk control.About You
You will have:
- Proven experience of working in an IT Change Manager role; assuring the quality and readiness of changes, ensuring changes are risk and impact assessed, approved, scheduled and implemented in line with the agreed change management process.
- Experience of defining and implementing change enablement processes; collaboration with IT teams to design, build and implement effective agile change management processes to support the delivery of high volume, successful changes.
- Experience of leading Change Advisory Boards (CAB); automation of CAB documentation, delivery of CAB meetings and evolution of CAB meetings to support changes to agile ways of working.
- Experience of ITSM tool administration and integration with supporting toolsets such as JIRA and Confluence. Experience of process ownership; design, build and implementation of process, training and governance demonstrating adherence to process.
A desire to learn is important; as we want to continually improve what we do and develop our teams.
Previous experience of working in financial services or with a managed service provider would be advantageous.
The following skills are essential for this role:
- Ability to challenge constructively and justify decision-making.
- Ability to engage, influence and enforce adherence to the change management process.
- Communicate exceptionally (verbal and written); with ability to present complex change related information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exemplary attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Absorb and understand complex technical changes.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders across the business and NSSL IT.
- Confidently present to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Resilience and able to handle changing priorities.
- Effectively manage workload and work to meet deadlines.
- Analyse change data to produce 'value add' management information.
Newcastle Strategic Solutions is the UK's leading savings management platform and one of the North East's most established and successful FinTechs! We provide savings management and technology services for new challenger banks and established providers across the UK. Our work has earned us an enviable reputation in the market as the best at what we do.
We are entering a hugely exciting phase of our growth and are recruiting a wide range of new roles to work alongside our amazing colleagues and teams across our Solutions business.
As part of Newcastle Building Society, you will be working in an exciting, friendly and fast-paced workplace, with amazing opportunities for self-development and career progression where you can realise your potential and do your best work.
For full details along with a comprehensive breakdown of what we're looking for, please download the role profile.
In addition to joining a great team within a truly local organisation, our colleagues also benefit from:
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues and candidates during this challenging time is paramount. With this in mind, we have refreshed our approach to recruitment and have outlined a new process of remote selection and on boarding. Upon starting a new role with us, we will ensure you are equipped with the correct tools and technologies to enable you to do your best work remotely. Longer-term, our focus remains on driving a culture of flexibility and encouraging colleagues to maintain a healthy work/life balance through flexible working arrangements.
- 30 days holiday allowance + public holidays
- Aviva Private Medical Insurance with Digital GP
- Corporate bonus scheme
- Subsidised event tickets
- Flexible working hours
- Generous pension scheme
- Performance-related pay
- Volunteering days