Airways Aero Associations - Head of Training and Chief Flight Instructor (CFI)Job Description
Due to a company restructure, we are looking for someone to spearhead our flight training school alongside the other members of our senior management team. A successful candidate must ensure that the highest standards of training are maintained throughout the ATO. They must ensure that the ATO and company pilots are in compliance with any and all CAA and EASA regulations and to the highest standard possible. Head of Training / CFI reports to the General Manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience RequiredMandatory:
- Supervise the correct execution/maximization of all training activities under their jurisdiction according to regulations and standards.
- Ensure balanced scheduling, maximum throughput & revenue capture, makes proposal for improvement and report findings to the General Manager.
- Ensure a high standard of instructors with focus on the 3 pillars - Teaching Skills, Communication Skills and Style Adaptability.
- Supervise progress of clients in training and provide recommendation for any necessary remedial training action for a pilot not meeting the standard training progress and performance levels.
- Interface with Sales/Customer Services to ensure customer satisfaction (conflicts, policies, procedures, scheduling problems, etc).
- Conducts simulator instruction or examination, as required.
- Act as a subject matter expert in creation of training curriculum and courseware to meet regulatory and client airline requirements.
- Attend any relevant seminars at the CAA as required.
- To manage and conduct internal instructor standardization as required.
- To ensure standardization in training and processes.
- Hold an EASA ATPL.
- Hold or have held an instructor / examiner qualification issued by EASA or the CAA.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience as an instructor / examiner.
- Have a minimum of 500 hours of FIC experience.
- Have sound understanding of regulatory requirements pertaining to training and ATO management.
- Have a minimum of ICAO level 5 in Aviation English or equivalent.
- Have attended and completed an approved CRM training course.
- Have attributes of an effective instructor focusing on the 3 pillars- Teaching Skills, Communication Skills and Style Adaptability.
- Have airline/ATO management experience preferably in the pilot training department holding a Post Holder position.
- Have experience in multiple aircraft type ratings (ideally C152, PA-28 & C172).
- Hold Single engine Instrument Rating
- Have experience working with regulatory bodies.
- Have attended and completed a Quality / Safety Management Course.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excell.
Salary: Retainer + Flight Pay