SEN Specialist Teaching Assistant - Autism
Job Type: Full-time
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Do you have a passion for working with SEND students? Are you experienced in working with students with Autism?
GSL Education has partnered with a SEND School located at Leicester to source a motivated and experienced SEN teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a range of their students as soon as possible. This school which is superbly resourced to support the complex needs of its students and has an excellent staff culture where all feel valued.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
· Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
· Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child-centred approach
· Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 intervention to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
· Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
· Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and delivering creative lessons
Key skills and experience needed:
· SEN experience is essential, preferably with young people with Autism
· Previous support work within a school or other child-related experience
· Strong behaviour management
· Professional manner
· Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach
· Team Teach trained (Not necessary)
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If this position sounds of interest to you, please send your updated CV to Judith Barker as soon as possible