We are looking for an enthusiastic and results focused Head of Quality and product assurance to join one of our partners who are World leaders in the Space sensors field.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of the quality management system and will have the ability to affect, change and improve the quality process of all the systems, services and products. To be successful in this position you will require a minimum of 5 years of experience within the Space Industry.Responsibilities:
- Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of required quality assurance processes and systems that will assure products and services meet program, company, customer and industry-standard requirements.
- Report QMS effectiveness to senior management and recommend improvements and modifications to new and existing programs
- Chair and/ or participate in Change Control Boards (CCBs) and Material Review Boards (MRBs).
- Champion company processes to ensure staff understand the need for such and follow them as appropriate.
- Develop and manage annual Audit Master Plan, including internal, external and customer audit activities.
- Coordinate and oversee project QA/ PA activities including tailoring standard processes for individual project needs.
- Participate in project team meetings including risk reviews and important milestone meetings.
- Lead and/ or support the conduct of independent test witnessing (as required) and performance of Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards.
- Manage subcontractor and supplier qualification from a quality perspective and assure the integrity of the Approved Suppliers List is maintained.
- Lead and/ or support the conduct of source or incoming inspections for materials or services.
- Maintain records on quality-related matters including Quality Reports, Corrective Action Requests, Approved Suppliers List, Discrepancy Notices/Non-Conformances, Engineering Change Notices, lessons) and action their content as required.
- Escalate quality matters through levels of leadership as appropriate.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the company quality system including engaging in process improvement activities and performing (or supporting) process-related training.
- Support set up of company facilities: i.e. preparing new labs and cleanrooms for use in (cleanliness requirements, environment monitoring & logging, consumables, safety, etc.) and train staff on the proper use of such facilities.
- Configuration Management: Understand documentation lifecycles and control this within the company (understanding of PDM/PLM systems will be an advantage) both for Engineering
- Leadership or management experience.
- Requires a degree in Science or Engineering and at least 10 years of experience.
- Strong experience in the implementation and/or management of Product and Service Quality Planning, Process Control Tools, Quality Systems, and Project Management.
- Knowledge of ECSS-Q and satellite product assurance processes.
- Knowledge of general business procedures, as well as a sensitivity to cost and changing business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong people management skills, including the ability to effectively engage with all stakeholders of company systems and processes.
- Understanding of PDM, document lifecycles and experience in the management of such.
- Experience within manufacturing & production environments such that you can control the configuration of a build and reliably provide the exact configuration of assemblies.
- Previous experience working with and implementing ISO 9001 standards.